Tuesday

Update on Bella's I and Me

"We" my husband and I talked about what to do about our dog's name. "We" decided to keep her name Bella. We also took sky's advice and have been looking for a gift for "the person" Bella since she just graduated from college. I am usually a me. I usually comform to what others expect me to do. With this I just felt that it is unfair to let someone who is not a significant part of my life dicate what goes on in my home. Also as someone in class stated what else would she try to influence in my life had I given her control over this. Lastly it is unfair to the dog to change her name. She had already began to respond very well to her name at the time the aunt made this request. Bella is here to stay.

4 comments:

apple said...

just out of curiosity, does the person named Bella mind if your dog has the same name?

spirit said...

I guess we grow by looking back and seeing where our "I" pops out. There are moments when we are "ready" really to be who our "I" is.

Sillyme said...

Good for you. I don't understand why someone would be offended. I love animals and I enjoy naming them. I am glad that you decided to keep the name.

Berik said...

The most important thing is that you and your husband are in agreement. Good for you!