Wednesday

I and Me

My dog's name is Bella. I got her about a month ago. No one went with me to pick her out. I decided to name her Bella. When I got home my husband informed me that he has a cousin named Bella. I have never meet the cousin and I have only had a brief meeting with his aunt. Today he tells me that his aunt is offended that I named my dog after her daughter and wants me to change my dog's name. The I in me is like Hell No, get over it. The me in me is like I am new to their family and don't want to upset them. I think the I is going to win. I would love feedback from anyone on this.

3 comments:

sky said...

great question posed for I me!
You probably already were an I when you replied to your husband and now are getting me-ish about it, which contains that I.
Now's the next move.
Stella?
Della? Bella-Della?
Zella?
Wella?
no - that would be ... a compromise. write a poem about the wonders of beauty (bella). Send her a poem or something special that she will never forget about her inner beauty clearly making her human and separating her from doggie BellaDella.
I think Bella is a very common name for a doggie or a kitty - maybe like right after Fido and Boots.

Berik said...

Well, I am more of an ME person. When my boyfriend and I argue we, try compromise. You see, I think life is simple and if is to hard for him and his family to accept your dog name just change it to something similar to Bella just as sky said, Bella, Zelle or Wella, something else. Only if it bother him! But like I said, I am a "ME" I don't like to argue, I rather give up the name. At the same time, its only a name, nothing big... Talk to him and try to solve it, leave his mom aside it. Good luck.

MT said...

Maybe call the cousin beautiful Bella every time you see her.